Books and Movies On 419
Here is a selection of booksand movies that have been done on Nigerian Scam/419
Operations. 419 Coalition has no business arrangement concerning these books
and movies. They books are listed here solely as a public service for the readers
of our site:
- "419" by Will Ferguson. Award winning novel based on 419, available at Amazon.com and elsewhere.
- "419 Scam: Exploits of the Nigerian Con Man" by Charles Tive is a
scholarly but readable summary of the history of and methods used by
Nigerian Scam/419 Operations. The 2006 revised edition of the book; "419 Scam:Exploits of the Nigerian Con Man", has been published by
iUniverse, Lincoln, NE, USA. The book is now available for purchase
online at www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com and www.iuniverse.com. Also, telephone orders can be made
through phone numbers 1-800-Authors (1-800-288-4677). The book is
sold for $14. 95. The former ISBN number is no more in use. The new
number is: ISBN-10: 0-595-41386-2 (pbk) or ISBN-10: 0-595-85737-X (ebk).
- "419: The Nigerian Scam" a docu-drama style movie on 419 produced
and directed in Canada in 2008 by Mr. Sorin Mihailovici. The film can be previewed and purchased online at a very reasonable price from its own website 419: The Nigerian Scam.
- "419' - The story of Advance Fee Fraud" by Andrew Stevens. It can
be purchased from http://www.lulu.com/content/138181
or from Mr. Stevens directly at email@example.com. In addition to overall analysis of 419, in the writing of this book the author has also drawn on his own experiences and those of others with the 419ers.
- "Black Money" by Carol-Jean Gordon is a novel "about a simple
business transaction that turned into a love story and ended in a nightmare...
It is based on a true story about a North American family who became a
victim of Nigeria's five $Billion scam." Here is a Link to a site that gives the author's email address, you can contact her directly to order etc.
- "Macintyre Undercover" - Donal Macintyre - BBC publications. Donal
Macintyre places himself in considerable danger when he goes undercover
to expose four scams/scandals including the 419 scam. isbn: 0 563 55138 0
- "Mountains of Gold" by Y.M.M. Schoenmakers, E. de Vries Robbe en A.Ph. van Wijk. In the last decades 419 fraud activities based in The Netherlands have grown from nearly nothing to unprecedented proportions. This book reports on an exploratory research project on Nigerian 419-fraud and its perpetrators, that was carried out in 2008 by Bureau Beke and the Netherlands Police Academy. The research tries to shed more light on the Nigerian criminal networks and their crime patterns, in order to support law enforcement practice in tackling 419-fraud. ISBN: 978-90-8850-028-2.
- "Nigerian 419 Scam : 'Game Over'!" by noted American
novelist and investigative journalist BrianWizard is a based-on-fact
novel recounting Mr. Wizard's investigation of several Black Currency
419 operations. 419 Coalition liked the novel, so we wrote the Preface
and the Postscript for it at the request of the author. The price for hard copy
of "Nigerian 419 Scam: 'Game Over'!" is very reasonable when ordered from the author's website at
http://www.brianwizard.com/index.php/419-scam. Orders for hard copies of the book can also be placed through any bookseller by providing them with the number ISBN: 0 949702 17. On the author's site the book is also available in various forms of e-book and audio book at very low prices.
- "Nigerian Nightmare" by Ford Wright. The book is a story, in part, of
"Trust (American style) and how it can be exploited into a living nightmare. If a moment exists in business history when trusting American entrepreneurs 'lost their virginity', this story is hereby offered as a prime candidate." The book can be ordered from its own website, Nigerian Nightmare.
- "The 419 Stalk Exchange," a movie Directed by Don Okolo, starring Erran
Booker. The plot synopsis is: "The deal was worth $264 million...and it was going
to be the easiest money any body ever made. Smooth talking Jakinde Lawanson
has a sure -fire way of selling this bogus deal to a bunch of greedy and unsuspecting foreigners. All they have to do was come to Nigeria and meet the man behind the deal, Dr. Egoma Onwuelingo. And thereafter send a worthless shipment of car and airplane parts to Lagos..." The price of a videocassettte of this film is about $10.00. It can be obtained through Africamovies.com
- "Taking Back Nigeria from 419: What to Do about the Worldwide E-Mail Scam Advance-Fee Fraud" by Chidi Nnamdi Igwe, who is a Professor teaching French at the University of Regina in Canada. From a political, economic, and social perspective, this guide explores the origins and spread of 419 (advance fee fraud), offers solutions to avoid becoming a victim of the scam, and issues a call to arms to eliminate the global epidemic. The book is available online from Iuiverse. Here is a link to the book's page
on the site: Taking Back Nigeria from 419.
- "The Lucas Testament" by A. F. Obiora. The book is an "insider account of the internet
facilitated advance-fee fraud industry...A bold exercise in revelation, exposition, and indictment
of many businessmen, pastors, politicians, voo doo priests, bank officials, government officials,
police officers, community leaders..." It can be ordered here: http://amaselle.tripod.com/
Go To 419 Coalition Main Page